Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Pencil Pumpkin


Yep, that's right...


 
a simple pumpkin made out of pencils!
 
 
 
You see, I was riding with Greg the other day in his truck and found a load of these pencils that he buys for the guys to use when they're working. I helped myself to a few of them.
 
 
 
I glued them to craft sticks and added a couple of cinnamon sticks for the stem.
 
 
 
Wrapped a little jute around it and done!
 
 
 
So simple and I do think those pencils are much happier as a pumpkin instead of lost in a pile in a messy truck!
 
 
Pin It

4 comments:

Terri D. said...

I can copy things and have them turn out well, but I have no creativity when it comes to thinking of ways to use found objects. I would have just seen an orange pencil. You are AMAZING. Thanks for sharing your creativity and letting those (like me) copy and take the credit! LOL

Tonii said...

This is SO cute! I love the simplicity of it...may be adding to my fall decor next year. Thanks for the great idea!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Ah, that's so cute, Terri! So you're just one of the 'guys' now, huh? lol

Sarah Tackett said...

Great idea - my husband has a bunch of these pencils too!