Friday, October 12, 2012

A Sign of Fall


 
(hehehe) Get it? A Sign of Fall. A sign. Fall.
Oh, never mind, that was bad!
 
 
 
I wanted something to sit on the Amish fireplace that we have in the kitchen. I started by painting the letters and trim for the board in a cream color. I wasn't worried about the middle on the top of the letters because I knew I would be adding paper later.
 
 
 
I soaked steel wool in vinegar overnight and used that to stain my board. I love that method of staining!
 
 
 
After everything was dried, I glued my trim pieces around the edge of the board.
 
 
 
Next I mod-podged scrapbook paper to the top of the letters and glued them on.
 
 
 
I knew I wanted it free standing, so I glued two 1x2 boards to the back.
 
 
 
After it was all finished, I found that leaf garland at the Dollar Store and glued it around the edge and added a few stray leaves to the middle.
 
 
 
I'm loving it sitting on it's new home in the kitchen.
 
 
Pin It


I link up to these parties each week.

6 comments:

Laurie @ Rookiewife520.blogspot.com said...

How adorable! I love it!

Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life said...

This would be perfect on a front porch...love it! And, I had to pin it ;-)

Jill said...

Just gorgeous Terri!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

This is just beautiful! Gets me right in the mood for autumn!

Kelly @ View Along the Way
www.viewalongtheway.com

Bobi Jensen said...

I LOVE this - such pretty colors and textures!

I have a weekend link party if you'd care to join in:

http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-6.html

Marti Cooper said...

Sooo cute! I love it! I have a craft party going on if you would like to be a part of. :)
http://sewliciousdecor.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/show-licious-sunday-craft-showcase-2.

xoxo, Marti