Friday, November 9, 2012

Drab to Fab Jean Jacket


I can't tell you how long it's been that I actually made something for myself. And Lord knows, with all the other projects I've got going on for Christmas, I sure don't have time for it, but...



I did! I had to, I really did. I went to a garage sale and found an old, raggedy jean jacket for $1.00 and it was yelling at me to buy it and add ribbon and buttons and wear it. So I did.
 
 
 
 
See? It looked so sad. I washed it and ironed it like crazy. Then just started adding ribbon and buttons anywhere I could find a place.
 
 
 
Now on cool days, I'm not sporting a Jaguar Siding hoodie, I can wear my own jacket!
 
 
 
Besides the ribbon and buttons on the front, I added ribbon to the back, also.
 
 
 
For the scarf, I bought yarn and bead ribbon.
 
 
 
Found the length I wanted, cut from each piece, and knotted them together.
 
 
 
To keep the scarf always with the jacket, I added a ribbon loop under the collar.
 
 
 
Hate the picture, love my jacket!!
Who in the world is that fat, old woman? And what did you do with me?!
 
Happy Friday!
 

Pin It

To see the parties I join, click Here.

14 comments:

Terri D. said...

Wow!! A fabulous re-do!! You are NOT fat, and you sure don't look old! Silly girl! Thanks for sharing the project, and the photos!

Baye said...

Why don't you want your picture taken? You look freakin fabulous!

Love that jacket. I'm gonna have to give this a try.

Bonnie said...

Love what you did with the jacket. I'm not creative like that but now I can "steal" from you. Thanks!

Nicole Buckingham said...

sweet. love it. I'm a silly blogging fool who doesn't care much for being in front of the camera either... =)

Aloha,

I wanted to personally invite you too to join me and our beautiful team for An Aloha Affair-- it's a new sort of way of being/ growing together in a more meaningful way and we're truly committed to you having a great experience-- I hope you'll join us... save ya a spot?...

xo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Virginia J Bailey said...

I love all the details you added to your jacket. It's perfect. You are so inspiring. You are also beautiful. I love your entire look.

Lora Wells said...

Love, love, LOVE the jacket! Since I'm in the market myself,think I'm gonna try to make my own!!! Can SO relate to your final comments! LOL! Ask myself the same question every time a pass a full-length mirror!

ISeeSpotz said...

love what you did to the jacket! may have to steal the idea and change mine up!!! you know, the one in the back of the closet that I avoid wearing but cant throw away!

Cranberry Morning said...

Terri, I love the jacket makeover! Just think how happy that jacket is that someone loves it now. And you don't know fat and old. Just FYI. LOL

Jill said...

LOVE what you did with that bargain jacket Terri! And you look FABULOUS in the photo!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kammy's Korner said...

Fat?! Old?! I don't think so, miss Terri! Looks SO cute on you!!

Debi Bolocofsky said...

Terri,
I love this jean jacket. It is so cute. You did a great job. I would love to have you share this and any other posts with this weeks Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. The link to the party is
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-link_14.html
I hope to see you there.
Have a great week.
Debi @ Adorned From Above

AmieAnn said...

Oh I love it! What a great way to dress up a garage sale find!
Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

lokasl said...

I went to a garage sale and found an old, raggedy jean jacket for $1.00 ... jeanhoodiejacket.blogspot.com

Othmar said...

I went to a garage sale and found an old, raggedy jean jacket for $1.00 and it ... ajeanjacket.blogspot.com