Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wine Cork Melting Snowman


Some of you may remember that last year I made a Snowman Necklace out of this same kind of wine cork.



This year I turned the cork the other way and now the poor little guy is melting!




I took the cork and painted it white.



Yeah, ignore that awful face. I'm such a bad artist, I can't even draw eyes with a marker! Maybe if I had taken Art instead of Band in school, I could draw a circle. Probably wouldn't have helped, but that's my excuse. Anybody want to hear me play the flute, piccolo, oboe, piano, or organ?

I was able to make a scarf out of felt and glued it to the bottom of the cork.



For the base, I painted a cardboard coaster from a restaurant (yeah, I save mine when we go out to eat) white and glued a couple of pieces of batting to it.



Then glued the cork to the base. Still need to change that face!



I added buttons for the eyes and his melted buttons. The ear muffs are a piece of felt and pom poms. His nose is also felt.

We had snow flurries here yesterday so when I was editing my photo's I thought the added snow was perfect. Maybe it will help with Frosty's melting problem!

Oh, and by the way, I am so not ready for snow!!!

Pin It

6 comments:

Terri D. said...

A very cute idea!

Bonnie said...

Love this!

Baye said...

Sweet! Unfortunately, not much wine gets downed in our house. If only beer came with a cork;-)

Cranberry Morning said...

Ah, Terri, you make me laugh, wishing you'd taken art instead of band. lol ANYWAY, that's a very cute snowman and deserves to be loved. ♥♥

I'm wondering about you and Greg, however, and wondering how you end up with all those wine corks. ;-) lol

Marisa said...

That is so cute. Great idea.

Mandy Coffey said...

very clever!!! i've pinned it


Mandy

smallfineprint.com