Monday, November 5, 2012

Yo-Yo Coin Purse


I couldn't show you this before now, because it was for Jalynn's birthday.


 
Which by the way, isn't it hard to blog at Christmas time? I've got so many projects in the works, but can't show them until after Christmas. My family would peek. That means you've got to be making other things to blog about while you're trying to get so much crap awesome presents done.
 
 
Okay, back to the coin purse.
 
 
 
This all started because I bought that cute little purse from Pick Your Plum (I love that site!!). Get this, that purse was only $6.95! When I bought it, I thought Jalynn would love it and she loves cold hard cash now, so I needed a little something to put in the purse to stick her money in.
 
 
Once again, back to the coin purse. Let's start with the yo-yo on the front.
 
 
 
I cut 5 circles, I'm thinking they were about 3". Would have been nice if I had measured them, huh? It really depends on the size of flower you want in the end. Iron them all in half.
 
 
 
Now take a long piece of thread and start basting & gathering all 5 pieces on the curved side. After you get one on, start another piece with the same thread, joining them all together.
 
 
 
When you get them all on and gathered together, secure your thread with a couple of stitches through the middle.
 
 
 
I sewed it to the top piece of the coin purse with a large button.
 
 
 
I did the coin purse the same way I did here from this tutorial.
 
 
 
I'm loving that yo-yo flower. I may have to make some headbands for stocking stuffers.
Shhhh.....don't tell.
 

Pin It

I join these parties each week.

13 comments:

Baye said...

Cute coin purse AND an easy-to-follow tute! You always come through with great stuff.

Cranberry Morning said...

This is SO cute! You must work in your sleep. I don't know how you get so many things accomplished! Good job, Terri.♥

SoWhatSusan said...

I absolutely ADORE this coin purse! For the record, your DIYs are consistently my favorites. :)

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

Love this coin purse! And I am loving the yellow as well! Great job! Thanks for stopping by the CHQ blog hop! Hope to see you back next week!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Cute! Love the flower!

Jill said...

Such a cute little purse Terri!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Erica Bodker said...

Hi, i'm your newest follower form to cute Tuesday. Would love it if you could come by and follow back?
Erica
www.ericastartwalking.com

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Oh how cute! Thanks for sharing this :)

4 You With Love said...

This is such a super cute coin purse! :)

Ginger Bergemann said...

So cute! And perfect for gifting!
I'd love for you to come link up at my Show & Tell party. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2012/11/show-and-tell-2.html

WTFab said...

This is so awesome! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

AmieAnn said...

This is sooo cute! I just love the color combo of yellow, black and white!
Great tutorial on the flower!
Thanks for sharing with the Pink hippo Party!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Harriett Faulks said...

I can make my own coin purse in a couple of hours just by following your instructions. Isn’t that easy? I’ll make one with a butterfly design to create some variation though. Thanks for the idea!

-Harriett Faulks