Monday, November 26, 2012

Zipper Christmas Ornament


Happy Monday! Did everyone survive the big Thanksgiving weekend? Now that the constant eating and shopping is over with, I'm thinking it's time to get the tree and Christmas decorations up.


 
One of the many times I was standing in the long line at JoAnn's, I was lucky enough to be right by their idea table. I stared at the zipper ornaments so much that I had to come home and make a couple.
 
 
 
 
To make two trees, you just need one zipper that you take apart and some beads. I used a 22" zipper.
 
 
 
Then all you do is wind your zipper in loops and hot glue a bead in between. I added a bead to the bottom for the trunk and made a loop with the zipper at the top.
 
 
 
Add a ribbon through the loop to hang.
 
 
 
Now all I need is the tree to be put up to hang these beauties. Any volunteers?
 

Pin It

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Sooo cute!! I am going to have to make some of these!

Cranberry Morning said...

Terri, these are so cute!! And yeah, I'm going to make them too. Thanks for letting us know. Who thinks of this stuff anyway! And you are braver than I am to stand in any long line. That's when I shop online. lol

Ana Lopes said...

Hi Terri, gorgeous trees! Very cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing!
Happy week !

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Elita en Suisse said...

Absolutely adorable! I'll be making a number of these, probably adding a jingle bell on the bottom. Thanks for sharing the idea!

jhonsmith13 said...

what an !dea. i like your work & your work is very fine.

Wendy said...

such a cool idea, it looks great! I'll have to pin this for next year as I don't think I'm going to put my tree up this year