Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Curtain/Shade


So I titled this post Christmas Curtain/Shade but it's not really. Well, kind of it is.



I found that remnant of fabric for cheap and the colors match our family room perfect. I loved the happy feeling of the fabric, but there wasn't enough to make full blown curtains, so I did what I could.



My window was 35" x 65" and I cut the main fabric and muslin (for the back) 36" x 69". Some of you who are real seamstresses will probably wonder what the heck I was doing. I really don't know, but I cut an inch larger that the window and 3 extra inches to turn over for the rod.

I sewed the front and back right sides together and left an opening for turning. I turned, ironed and sewed the opening shut. Then I turned the top over and sewed.



I ran to Wal-Mart and bought 3 tension rods. I know they're hard to see in the photo, but that's where I started with them and adjusted them after I had the curtain/shade up.



That's it hanging with just the rod at the top. 



To make the folds, just start playing with it and fold the fabric over the other 2 rods.
(Ignore the brackets at the top. I hadn't gotten around to taking them down, yet.)



See why I called it a Christmas Curtain/Shade? I love the whimsical look of it behind the tree!

Pin It

5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That's a good idea, Terri. I need to do something for my kitchen windows. They used to have a pretty balloon valance at the top, but that faded and I took it down. Now they're just naked. I see you're decorated for Christmas! Good for you. I have done nothing yet and need to get busy!

Samantha said...

The blind looks great, I love it!

It's still too early for your tree to be up but I'll let that one slide :)
xx

Baye said...

So much easier to do than the Roman shades I've done, and it look just as nice. Great idea.

Ashish Kumar said...

Wow!!Its very easy way to make any one and looks very great.

Home theatre curtains
Curtains and drapery

Michelle Smith said...

Christmas curatin shades are shown on the post here. Get details from here
Curtain