Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Have "Oar" Self...


I'm sorry, but I can't stop giggling as I'm writing this post. I'm just so darn proud of myself!


 
I told you yesterday about the Christmas party we're having this Saturday and I needed to stop tweaking every little thing I see and start cleaning, right? Well, I did start cleaning and then had to stop to go potty (you asked) and this is what I saw...
 
 
 
A plain oar in our nautical bathroom. (I should mention that I took it off the wall to take the picture. I was not outside when I saw it.)
 
Anyway, this was not going to do. Too plain.
 
 
 
So I grabbed my Cameo and started cutting out.
 
 
 
And added a bow to the top.
 
 
 
Aww...much better.
 
And because I've probably sunk to an all time low with this post...
 
 
 
here's what you look at if you come to my house and have to potty!
(I really never thought that I would ever show a photo from the view of sitting on the toilet!)
 
See why I'm giggling?!
 
Pin It


These are the parties I join each week.

16 comments:

Debby said...

You so funny and your mind doesn't stop. It's hard to stop sometimes.

Bonnie said...

Love this and as I'm reading it I'm thinking about my son, who just bought a boat, and how he might need something like this at his house, toilet view or not, lol.

Baye said...

That is great! I'd love to know where you got the oar. I've just started making some stuffed fish and can see a few hanging with an oar at my house. (Oh, and you are giggling cuz this is too funny. You even get inspired sitting on the john;-o!)

Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life said...

Terri! You are so funny! You even had me giggling. This is really cute.

I'm having a FACEBOOK social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your facebook.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/facebook-social-hop.html

Have crazy beautiful week!

Donna Wilkes said...

Are you rowing with both of your oars in the water!?! This is crazy funny. Too bad you cannot have a pic of your guests when they see this!

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

So fun and cute! I love a good play on words!

Vanessa said...

Hi, Terri

This turned out great! Merry Christmas

Vanessa

Cranberry Morning said...

This is why we like blogging. We really get to know a person. lol. Oar family is big into puns, so this fits right in here. Hey, if you found a guillotine to decorate, you could write, 'Half yourself a Merry Little Christmas.' See where this line of thinking leads????? (Don't blame me...you started it!) lol

Maybe I'll have to drive down there just to use the bathroom. :-)

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Hahaha! I love it!

Pam Jackson said...

And you should be very proud....I love it! Great job...I have just became a new follower, enjoying so far.

Samantha said...

I love, love, love this! It makes me laugh so much. You rock!!

Erin said...

I hopped over from "A Bowl Full of Lemons" to see this because of the hilarious title! I love it! :)

the cape on the corner said...

that is super smart and creative! you should be proud!

Jill said...

Terri - that is hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing your giggles with us! :)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Our Pinteresting Family said...

You are so creative, Terri! I love it. :)

Toodie said...

Very, very cute!!! My sense of humor LOVES IT!!