Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pine Cone Christmas Wreath


I love my front door this year.


 
You aren't going to believe where this came from.
 
 
 
My Mom and Dad made that pine cone wreath probably over 30 years ago. I've been hanging it all these years, but thought maybe it could use a little updating this year.
 
 
 
I'm really not for sure how Daddy made the wreath, but I kind of remember him soaking all the pine cones first and then wired each one onto the wire rings.
 
 
 
I took the wood ornaments off and hung them on our Christmas tree. Then I wrapped ribbon around the wreath and got glued small ornaments to it.
 
 
 
I just know they would love it as much as I still do.
 
Pin It

These are the parties I join each week.

6 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Talk about a labor of love on the part of your father! What a lot of work. And it is wonderful that you can revive it and enjoy it in many different ways. What a treasure! Aren't you glad you didn't get into a pitching frenzy and later regret it! (as I am wont to do) :-( have a great day, Terri!♥

Terri D. said...

Lovely. The best part is that it is made with the smaller pine cones, and not the huge things you find for sale in the craft shops. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Bethan Currie said...

Aww I have loads of pinecones at home so maybe I should make use of them!
http://polkadotspincushionsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Terri said...

I love that you didn't throw it out. It looks so much "beefier" now. Your folks would love it too.
Hugs

Emily Thompson said...

beautiful!!!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Beautiful!