Monday, January 7, 2013

American Girl Raincoat


My Grandma always made Barbie clothes for me for Christmas and I loved them. I'm pretty sure my Grandma was Wonder Woman because the detail she put on each and every little piece was amazing!

I'm not Grandma and I'm not Wonder Woman, but I'm trying my best to make doll clothes for my granddaughters, too.



So for Christmas, I made Jordyn an American Girl raincoat and bonnet.


I'm sure by now you all know Jordyn.


She's her Papa's girl. Did you notice? She spends her Sunday afternoon's watching football with her Papa in the Man Cave. By the way, I went back to take a picture and was told I was not invited into the Man Cave. Whatever...



But that little dolly is also the one who sends me texts like this. I love getting texts from her!



I picked this pattern up at JoAnn's when they were $.99. (Seriously, who would actually pay $15.00 for a pattern? Crazy!)



I went to the Thrift Store and found a raincoat for a couple of dollars and started cutting away. See those pockets? They're in my stash to do something with. 



The pattern was pretty easy to follow. I'm thinking I've got the collar on wrong and the bonnet is probably a little big. I should have added a ribbon to tie it. I didn't use the pattern, just cut the original down.

I'm trying, but Grandma Gerken, I'm not.

Jordyn liked it and to me, that's all that matters.
Love you, Jordyn! (even if I'm not allowed in the Man Cave to watch football!)

Pin It

9 comments:

Samantha said...

I love that raincoat! I kinda want one in my size!!

Baye said...

Looks perfect to me!

Cranberry Morning said...

Terri, that is absolutely adorable!! And what I like about homemade doll clothes is that they are one of a kind. Lucky Jordyn!!

Sally said...

This is adorable! Like Samantha, I kind-of want one of these, too!!! It looks great and I'm sure Jordyn loves it and that you made it for her, too!

Debby said...

So cute. Wish I could sew. Your granddaughter will always remember that you made these for her. You may want to stay out of the man cave.....he he.

Jenni said...

So well done! Was that fabric difficult to work with?

Mandy Beyeler said...

amazing!

Anne said...

Oh I just love these raincoats for men's designs!

beachbabydoll1 said...

Really love the raincoat! :-)