Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fleece Rag Quilt


Yesterday was Jalynn's crocheted blanket, today is Jordyn's rag quilt.



I found the idea and tutorial on JoAnn's website here.



I used their dimensions, but only used 3 different fabrics instead of the 5 that they used. I always buy my fleece on Black Friday and had these 3 different purple colors. Needless to say, Jordyn's favorite color is purple.



By the way, I finally got smart last year and bought all my fleece online. Two years ago, I was there at 5:00 AM when they opened and waited for a cart for 30 minutes, stood in line to get fabric cut for 2 hours and another couple hours in line to get checked out. Last year, I sat at home in my jammies drinking coffee and got everything I wanted for the same price!



The whole quilt is kind of heavy, compared to flannel, but so soft.



Soft, warm, and ready to cuddle up in on these stupid freezing cold days.

Can you tell I'm ready for Spring already?

Pin It

7 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm ready for spring too!

It's a beautiful bright sunny day here and if it wasn't for the smattering of snow on the ground and rooftops I'd almost believe spring has sprung!

I love the quilt btw! x

Sandy said...

I love making these blankets, and the kids really seem to love them!

I am tired of the cold too!

Thanks for the tip about shopping on line on Black Friday, I will do that this year :)

Terri D. said...

I might actually be able to make one like that! Awesome! Purple is my favorite color, too!

Nancy Bandzuch said...

Just stopping by to invite you to a new link party I'm starting. It is for OLD posts--and you have so many wonderful old posts that I often look through. Please come over and share the best of the best. Just because its not new doesn't mean it doesn't desire to be pinned again!
Nancy
http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/hello-and-welcome-to-first-oldie-but.html

~Amy~ said...

I don't think I've ever thought to put purple and green together but WOW! Love it!

Cranberry Morning said...

I love those colors together, AND the backing. Another combination I like is a lighter purple and a lighter green. Purple and green go great together at many levels.♥♥

AND, wanted to let you know that I'm having a 4 HomemadeSoapnSuch Valentine Soap Sachet Giveaway - on now through Friday. Hope you'll stop in at Cranberry Morning and enter. :-)

Margo said...

Turned out so pretty!