Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Simple Front Door


During Christmas I had a huge pine cone wreath hanging on the front door. When I took it down a couple of weeks ago (yeah, I'm a little behind), I wanted something nice and simple to put back up.



That's it. A simple Valentine door. No bells, whistles, or bows.



I had the X and O (I must have bought it last year).



Painted them black and



mod-podged paper to them.



Our front door is metal, so to hang them, I just added magnets.



Now next year if I want, I can add all the little extra's to it and change it up a little.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I've told you before about our crazy Missouri weather. Yesterday it was actually 68 degrees here! It was so nice having the windows open and airing out the house. Today it's getting cold and supposed to snow tonight! Wow!

Pin It

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I've never heard of a metal front door, now I'm jealous! Ours is awful PVCu in white that needs cleaning constantly and even then still looks grubby!

Baye said...

Love this idea! Even I can do it and use up that bottle of Modge Podge I bought last year.

Jules said...

This is so sweet! My front door is metal too so it'd work perfectly. Now to get to the craft store and get some letters...:-)

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Magnetic...BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!