Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm Kind of a Big Deal


Not really, but kind of.



We have good friends of ours who (lovingly) tease me about my crafting blog, so I made this just for fun to wear whenever we're with them.




I ordered these little wood squares from Pick Your Plum a couple of weeks ago. 




I created the image using Pic Monkey and then put it in a Word document to size it to what I needed. 

I stained the wood first and then Mod Podged it on and added Dimensional Magic.




I cut this out of my business card and put it on the back the same way.




(Sorry that's so blurry!)
Because I had something on both sides, I didn't want to use a bail. I bought some tiny little eye screws (I think that's what they're called) and screwed it in the top. I was holding my breath that it wouldn't crack the wood, but it was so small, it didn't.




Add a jump ring and attach it. FYI, if you check the clearance aisles at Hobby Lobby and Michaels, you can every now and then pick up those necklaces for $1.00.




Happy Friday!

Pin It

Here are the parties I join.

13 comments:

Samantha said...

You ARE a big deal!!

Jessica said...

Too cute!

Terri D. said...

Love it, and what a great idea for any saying you love! Thanks!!

helena frontini said...

fantastic idea.

housewifehowtos said...

This is so cute! I say the same thing (to myself) after a long day of listening to my pre-teen argue and huff at me. Think I may have to make myself a necklace now. LOL

I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.
http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-9/

- Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com

Katrine said...

So cute! I bought those same tiles from pick your plum.

Megan Gutierrez said...

I found your blog through {Just Something I Whipped Up} link party…thanks for sharing this Very cute idea! Looking forward to trying this out.

xoxo, Meg www.willwork4cupcakes.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

OK, that is adorable so I think you ARE a big deal! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi!
xo,
Lisa

Crystelle Boutique said...

These are super cute!
You are a big deal in my eyes.... Your friends are lucky to have you around... :)

hugs x
Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

That is so cute!! It would be perfect to wear to a blogger meetup or conference too!

Ann Krucek said...

This made me smile! Very cute. Thanks for sharing the how to! Wear it proudly!

Art and Sand said...

Your necklace is too cute! I will have to find some of those wooden sqares.

Katie from Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Your saying brought a smile to my face, I know exactly how you feel in regard to explaining what blogging is to friends!