Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Interchangeable Word Necklace


Maybe I should have called this the "30 Second Necklace".




Because that's all the longer it took to make it.




I know I've told you before, but you can find the best crafting supplies in the scrapbooking section of craft stores. I found this package of Word Sticks at JoAnn's.




The necklace only took a minute to add the jump rings to the words and put it on the necklace. It took me longer to make a little box for Jalynn to keep the extras in.




I used an Altoid tin and covered it in paper and her school stickers.








I had adhesive velvet, so I added that to the inside. I wish I could remember where I got it to tell you, but I have no idea anymore. It's awesome, though!




I'm thinking now if I had used a chain instead of a choker for the necklace, she could store the whole thing in the box. Oh well...


We're getting hit with another major storm here this morning, this time with ice added to the 12" of snow. Our lights keep going out, but come back on after a couple of hours. Our Direct TV is out, but the internet is still up (for now). Maybe I'll just give in to this stupid weather and build an igloo today.

Pin It

1 comment:

Baye said...

This is such a great idea. I love the chance to change out the words if your mood changes.

Hang on there with the weather! If I recall correctly you get warm weather way sooner than we do here in upstate NY. It's just around the corner!