Friday, February 8, 2013

Loved you yesterday...


Greg and I both had the flu on our anniversary in January and the only thing we did for each other on that day was share the Kleenex and cough medicine. Oh, and compared who was sicker. Romantic, huh?



So I thought I would make him something for late anniversary/Valentine's Day. 
(Just between you and me, I really wanted this to hang with another picture that I had.)



Our sweet son, Brandon, had this made for us for Christmas. I love it almost as much as him!



I've always loved that quote so I cut it out of vinyl and stuck it to a canvas mat. I wasn't real sure how good it would stick to it, but after some extra rubbing, it worked.



I used scrapbooking double stick tape and put ribbon around the edges.



And stapled ribbon to the back to hang.







I'm so happy with the two of them hanging together.

By the way, see that lamp? It was a trash to treasure that I upcycled. It's here if you want to see the disaster it was before.

Happy Friday!

Pin It

Here are the linky parties that I join.

7 comments:

Terri D. said...

Both wall hangings are wonderful, and you are right that they look fabulous together! Love what you did with the lamp! Creative, you are!

Alison Wood said...

Beautiful! I hope I can do some decor like that soon. Thanks for the inspiration!
Pint-sized Treasures

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon said...

Beautiful and love that saying! thaks for sharing at Monday Funday!

Furita Rhapsados said...

Aww that is very cute and sweet!

Love how simple it is but with so much love its a wonderful present ^^

Furita ^^

angiemosteller@celebratingholidays.com said...

These look beautiful together -- and I love the quote. Thank you for sharing.

Katie Adams said...

What a fabulous sign! You have been featured! I would love for you to stop by and grab a feature button! http://www.thecraftyblogstalker.com/2013/02/blog-stalking-thursday-features.html

Katie Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.