Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Plaid: Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium


I received the most awesome box of goodies the other day from Plaid. I should have taken a picture to show you all the fabulous products they sent me, but I was like a kid in a candy store and started digging right in to it. But here is one of my favorite projects of all using some of the supplies that were in there.



I was able to transfer a photo from 20 years ago of Josh and Brandon onto a canvas mat and it came out perfect.




They sent me their new Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium to try out. I've tried other transfer medium's in the past and mostly just got frustrated. I'm telling you right now, you are going to love this! It's so easy to work with.




This has always been one of my favorite pictures of my boys. Brandon was the bat boy for Josh's team and it also shows the cast Josh was wearing from breaking his hand in a game. That cast was extra special because the doctor who knew how much he loved baseball, molded the cast while Josh was holding a bat so he could still play.




1. Copy the picture on the printer. Be sure to mirror image your photo because you're going to be laying the image on the surface face down. You can transfer color photo's if you want, but I wanted this particular picture to be in black and white.

2. Spread the transfer medium to the front of your image. Put on a thick enough coat to cover the photo and you can't see it through the medium. 

3. Lay the image onto your surface that you're transferring to, smooth down. and let dry for 24 hours.

4. After you've waited a day, saturate the top with water and let sit for about 2 minutes. Then start gently rubbing the top layer off with a sponge.




That's the result after you've finished rubbing it off. It worked like a charm!




I rubbed stamping ink onto the mat to age it a little and added the baseball buttons.

For the words, I used the Mod Podge Rub-On Transfers.




I added rick rack around the sides to finish it off a little more.




I no sooner had it finished and Greg grabbed it and proudly hung it in his man cave.




The Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium is so amazing, you can transfer photo's onto almost any surface.

For the canvas bag, I took images and put them in a Word Document and printed them out.




This is the back of the bag. I'll now be sporting my little tote to Jace's ballgames this summer full of sunflower seeds, pistachio's, and bubblegum. 

Mod Podge

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Fabulous!!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing. This is wonderful.

Jxdey Inspired said...

Terri - you made this look so easy. This post is being saved in my inspiration folder. Thanks for sharing.

Shelly Jack said...

Hi there! Found your crafty blog on Sew Many Ways Blog list. Thanks for posting about the Modge Podge photo transfer. I have never used anything Modge Podge and had been wondering how I could transfer some of my photos to some of the tote bags I make. This is great!
Shelly

Shelly Jack said...

Hi there! Found your crafty blog on Sew Many Ways Blog list. Thanks for posting about the Modge Podge photo transfer. I have never used anything Modge Podge and had been wondering how I could transfer some of my photos to some of the tote bags I make. This is great!
Shelly

{northern cottage} said...

love those canvas bags - no crying in baseball - ha! ♥ http://www.northerncottage.net

Amy Anderson said...

So cute! Love this project - they look so cute together! :D