Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Little Bling for the Boys of Summer


Update: These Baseball Washers are now available in my Etsy shop.
You can find them Here.


We are a baseball family. When the boys were little, we spent all of our summers at the field. Josh went on to play baseball in college and Greg, Josh and Brandon were all on a softball team together for the longest time until Greg got too old to play. (Sorry, honey.)



Now it's little Jace's turn. I think that's the main reason summer is my favorite time of year.

Because this year Jace has his Dad and Uncle Brandon helping coach his team and his Papa will be pacing along the fence, I figured the least we girls could do was to add a little bling in the stands.




Their games start soon, so I've got to get busy working on our summer accessories.

First up, the Baseball Washer Necklace.




I did the basic mod-podging and adding Dimensional Magic, but I also needed a bail on the back. It's upside down because I wanted to hang a charm in the middle. 



I hung the baseball charm to the bail and added the leather cord.




Hang on, summer, we're almost ready! Just a few more things to make.
Oh, and I need to stock up on sunflower seeds and pistachio's!

Pin It

Here are the parties I join each week.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

That's a brilliant idea, you could change the charm out for whatever the hobby :)

Cranberry Morning said...

I LOVE it, Terri!! What a cute idea. And the sunflower seeds are a great idea too. Better than munching on Hostess Twinkies.

Julie Snow said...

Such a cute idea! I love your washer necklaces and can't believe what you come up with - thank you for sharing with us!!

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

This is so cute!!!! Yes baseball season is starting up and it's nice to support our team and players!

~Crystal

Baye said...

Wish I was handy with this stuff. This would be great for a softball-playing girl!

DRE226 said...

So cute - Where did you find the baseball charms?