Monday, March 4, 2013

Korker & Hair Bows


I can't believe I was with my little model all day yesterday and forgot to take pictures of her wearing her new bows.



So you just get the plain ol' photo.




I received all of these awesome ribbons from Wholeport. Have you checked their site out? So many different kinds of craft supplies!



For the korker bow, I wrapped the thin ribbon around dowel rods and baked them in the oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.



They come out in perfect little spirals.



I cut them in smaller spirals, stacked them all together and tied with a thin string.




Then tied it to the ponytail holder. 




I've never been able to tie a pretty bow, mine would always come out in a twisted mess. Then I found Mindi's tutorial on her blog My Love 2 Create and it was so easy then. Thank you, Mindi!




I use that kind of clips because it has that space where you can slip the ribbon through and glue. It seems to hold so much better that just gluing the clip on. Little more enforcement, especially with Jordyn's thick hair.




Have a great week, everyone!

Pin It

3 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Those are so cute! Love that Korker bow, and would never have known that you could put them in the oven to work that spiral magic, Terri!

Robin said...

You always make the cutest things!!! We would love for you to link up at Craftin Desert Diva's new Linky Party. It's anything goes theme and as many projects as you want. :)

Robin
http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Terri said...

Oh how lovely and easy! Thanks for your mini tut.
Hugs