Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Our New Bathroom & TP Holder


It's official, my blog has gone to the toilet!



I told you how Greg is in a major remodeling mood right now and I've got to say, this was probably the hardest project we've ever done!




We completely gutted the little bathroom that is off of our bedroom and put in everything brand new, including all the tile and bead board on the floor and walls.




The lowest estimate we had for this tiny room was $2500.00. You've got to be kidding! We did it ourselves for about $900.00 and that included everything. Like I said, it was hard work, but so well worth it!




I still need to paint the new door and frame and decorate the walls, but for the most part, it's done.


After all the hard work, there was no way I was going to let Greg drill or glue on that new tile for something so silly as a toilet paper holder. 



I knew I had a basket with handles, so I grabbed it and...



bought a huge dowel, cut it to size, painted and added jute in the middle of it.




The dowel slips through the holes under the handles and the paper goes in the middle.




The best feature, the bottom of the basket stores extra rolls so you're never left stranded. (I think you now what I mean.)


Now, sung in my best Taylor Swift voice:



At least until we move on to the the big bathroom, which is next on our list.

Pin It

19 comments:

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

Ya'll did a great job and such a nice new bathroom. Very "creative princess" with that toilet paper holder.

Jessica @ View from River Mtn said...

That is a great idea for the toilet paper. I may have to borrow that idea. :)

Baye said...

Beautiful!

Cranberry Morning said...

What a project! good outcome, though. :-) And a clever t.p. holder. Love the basket idea.

Cranberry Morning said...

P.S. I LOVE the Mickey Mouse Washer Necklace that I bought from your Etsy store, Terri. It is so cute!!!♥

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

This looks really great!

Samantha said...

If you wouldn't mind sending Greg over here for a month's "holiday" I'd be most appreciative :)

Your bathroom looks lush now, really luxury!

Terri D. said...

Really beautiful, and what a great idea for the TP!!! I wish I had just an ounce of your creativity in my bones!!

Pam Jackson said...

Look the redo...but I love the paper holder the best...

Susan Forsythe said...

You've done a wonderful job! My husband and I built a full bathroom from scratch and it is a lot of work! :)

Justina Marie said...

It looks amazing!

Justina @ http://justinawho.blogspot.com

Wanda Baarman said...

Terri, it looks stunning! I love the warm and clean pallet. Your tp holder is ingenious! One of those "Now why haven't I thought of that?" ideas. I love it! I have my Home Tour bathroom tour posted this week and I now want to take it down. haha. No remodeling just a show and tell. Enjoy your beautiful room and Happy Easter. Love, Wanda

Margo said...

Your bath looks great and I love the toilet paper holder idea!

Christina said...

wow- this looks amazing! Love the beadboard contrasting with the tile- !
we just did our master bath last year- semi-do it ourselves- and what a task!
ps. I may steal your basket idea-!

Mandy Coffey said...

it looks awesome! I love the TP holder idea- i've pinned it


Mandy
smallfineprint.com

Mandy Coffey said...

ps- i'd love for you to link up to my party Fridays at smallfineprint.com

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Looks good!

Patrick Tan said...

Using one color theme for your bathroom makes things look harmonious. Brown is also easy to maintain because discoloration wont happen too fast.

Patrick Tan

Fred Richardson said...

My wife is in love with your idea for a toilet paper holder. She loves decorating with baskets because it adds a warm vibe to our home. I like the idea of storing extra toilet paper in the basket because I hate it when I cannot find another roll. We are planning to try this idea as soon as we can pick up the supplies.

Fred Richardson @ SGK Home Solutions