Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Beachy Necklace


A friend of mine was having a beach themed day at her work and ask me if I had any "beachy" washer or domino necklaces. I didn't, but it only took me about 10 minutes to whip her up one to wear.




Seriously, 10 minutes max!




I had these shapes and...




this paper. 




I used the sand dollar and mod-podged it to the circle shape. We have a ton of the shell lei's from our trips to Hawaii, so I added a jump ring and attached it to the lei.

Because I didn't have 24 hours for Dimensional Magic to dry, I just used a couple of coats of Mod Podge over the top.




Now that I'm looking at this necklace, and it's supposed to snow here today, I think we should make a trip back to Hawaii for more lei's.

Oh Greg...I've got a great idea!

Pin It

3 comments:

Samantha said...

This post is a perfect example of why we all need a stash!

Virginia J Bailey said...

Love the beachy necklace. I pinned it.

srpprcrftr said...

I just keep finding more and more awesome projects on your blog, so cute. Our teenage daughters are going to San Diego in about a month, think they might really like this necklace and the flip-flop necklaces to wear. They'll be staying at the beach so these necklaces would be appropriate. They were both born there so this will be something they might enjoy having. Wouldn't it be lovely if they invited me, yeah right. Found you thru a blog party.
Happy days