Monday, April 8, 2013

A Country Window


I've always wanted to live in the country. You know, Little House on the Prairie type of thing. My family always tells me that I would only last (maybe) a week and then want to go right back to the suburbs.

So...I figured if I wasn't going to the country, the country would come to me. We recently remodeled our  living/dining room with barn tin (the big reveal is this Friday) and I've been busy adding little country touches to it.

I needed a window with a country view.



Done. Check that off the list.




I really scored big when Greg replaced that old window in a house recently and knew he better bring it home to me. 

I didn't change a thing about it. I love the chipped paint and smears on the glass. Not to mention, I'm in love with the pewter grids!




I found that poster at Hobby Lobby and cut it down to fit the window.




I left it on the thick cardboard that came with it and just taped it to the frame. There's probably a better way to do that but we were painting and the painters tape was sitting out, so I used it.







That wallpaper really needs to go, but considering that wall is two stories high, that "little" job is going to have to wait. Maybe next winter during a snowstorm and we have nothing else to do.

Have a fabulous Monday!

Pin It

3 comments:

Terri D. said...

Brilliant!

Cranberry Morning said...

Love it! It's so funny that you have this as a blog post today, for just last night I was telling Kevin I want to do that with one of my Yorkshire photos, so that I can pretend I'm looking out the window onto the Yorkshire landscape (with a couple sheep on the hillside). I know you will enjoy this so much, Terri!! I like the leaded window. And I can't wait to see the living room.

Samantha said...

"and knew he better bring it home to me." ha ha! You got that man well trained Terri!