Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blast from the Past: The Littlest Birds Window


Out of all the old windows that I've used to create into something else, this is my favorite. I did it a couple of years ago and it's still hanging on my wall. Oh, and I still haven't fixed the "s". You'll understand what I mean after you read the post.

I'll be back tomorrow with features from last week's It's a Party and let you all know how surgery went.



When I made my Family Rules window with those bird fabric jellies, I had intended to make two of them. But then Greg came home with this window for me.



The minute I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!


I started with the leftover fabric strips that I had already sewn together.


I put the fabric on one side and began cutting up an old children's songbook for the other side.



I really wish the words to the songs had shown up better in the pictures, but I couldn't get a clear shot of them. I must have taken (what seemed like) a million pictures and believe it or not, those were the best two. Anyway, I chose songs like; Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Sing, Little Children, Sing, etc. Then I got out my trusty Cricut and finished it off.


I know, my s is crooked in birds. I've got to go fix that! Why do I not notice these things until I'm posting the picture?

Pin It

2 comments:

Christina said...

This is so precious! what a unique idea!
So sorry to hear your having surgery- wishing you a speedy recovery!
Christina

Jessica @ View from River Mtn said...

I love it. this is so creative.