Friday, April 19, 2013

Burlap Ribbon Curtains


These were probably the easiest curtains I've ever made.



I wasn't planning on making curtains, but like I told you the other day, I get side-tracked a lot.




I made those simple candle wraps and then decided the little fireplace needed a table runner.




I used burlap ribbon and still had a lot leftover. By the way, I'm thinking that stuff might be the greatest thing ever invented. It's so much easier than cutting burlap.




I used the different sizes of the ribbons to fit the windows and just sewed them together. I hemmed the bottom and folded it over and sewed at the top for the tension rod to go through.




They're long enough to cover the window when they're down, but with another tension rod, you can shorten them to any length. Simply fold the bottom up over the other rod.
(Our neighbor needs to get some flowers planted for me to look at!)




I love the fact that they're not dark and you can still kind of see out.








These are up with one other tension rod in the middle, but if you add more rods, you could have the look of roman shades. 
(Placemats are Here.)



At one time we had vertical blinds there and I never got around to taking that plastic valance down. I figured why do it now, just add Laugh, Love, Lunch that I cut out with my Cameo.
If anyone asks, I planned it that way, okay?

Have an awesome Friday!

Pin It

Here are all the link parties I join each week.

11 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Nice work, Terri! And I love the table in front of the windows. I'll be there for lunch. :-)

Baye said...

It looks great! So much prettier than vertical blinds.

Heather Kinnaird said...

they're gorgeous

Melanie {Reasons To Skip The Housework} said...

Love this idea! Im always so scared to do curtains myself! I'd love for you to come link this up at The Weekly Creative- a party I co-host with The Girl Creative!

http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com/2013/04/the-weekly-creative-4/

Smiles,
Melanie
Reasons To Skip The Housework

Jenna Pennell said...

Very cool! I loooove burlap.

Jenna LaFevor said...

Love, love, love these! The ribbon dresses them up the perfect amount! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 5 Blogs! http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-monday-link-party-5.html
Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

Julia Klimek said...

I LOVE these! They're gorgeous!

NeeCee said...

I also love the fact that they are see-through yet lend a little privacy......just joined your blog....would love to have you stop by at mine, pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com
Found you at my daughters site, Trendy Treehouse.....have a day full of Style, NeeCee

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I love this idea, so creative and they look totally amazing. I would love it if you would link this up to my Inspire Me Tuesday party that will be live Monday evening. This is definitely inspiring.

www.astrollthrulife.net

Hugs, Marty

srpprcrftr said...

Now I have decide if I want shades or curtains made out of burlap. I can't sew burlap with my sewing machine so will use the iron on stuff to make seams, etc. My machine just rebels and jams. I've tried adjusting the tension and stitch length to no result.
Your shades look so nice with the ribbon. Like that you can change the length at will. I still have mini blinds up for privacy so if they can be seen thru it's not critical or I could line the shades/curtains. So glad you shared your shades, they look very nice.
Great post. Happy days

Fabrik ETC said...

Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I d on't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.
Curtains