Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Faux Chenille Placemats

Believe it or not, I was actually cleaning off my craft table the other day. (I know! Alert the media.)

 I found some flannel that I had leftover from something and since the weather has been so gloomy doomy around here, I thought the kitchen could use a little color.




I did faux chenille on one side of the placemats and appliqued on the other side.




I  appliqued the place setting pieces on before I started layering the flannel.




I did the faux chenille just like I did Here and I must say, doing that technique on smaller pieces is a whole lot easier than a quilt! 




I've had several people ask me about that lamp that shows it's pretty little face in a lot of my kitchen photos. That was a trash to treasure project that Greg came up with. Go figure! It's Here if you want to see it.

Pin It

3 comments:

Samantha said...

When you said a little colour I was expecting bright yellow to match your sunflowers :) I love the faux chenille though, looking good x

Oh, just thought, you could link these up to Liz's create along!
http://liz-moments.blogspot.de/2013/01/home-sweet-home-create-along.html

Jessica @ View from River Mtn said...

love these. great job.

Sandy said...

I love this idea! I have made several of those faux chenille blankets before, they are so awesome. I never thought to make them into placemats though... brilliant!!!