Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm Mat (doormat)


I've seen this all over Pinterest for a long time and always wanted to make one.




I finally did it last week!

One of the reasons I put it off for so long was because I wanted to cut the stencil for my letters using my Cameo and I didn't know how to cut longer than 24" and I was lazy and didn't want to take the time to sit and figure it out. 
(That was the longest sentence ever!)




It was so easy, I can't believe I was so scared to try!





You have to make sure you click "None" for Cutting Mat and that you are on "Landscape".

Then you just put in your own Width and Height for whatever size you need.




I was out of contact paper, so I used regular vinyl. Weed the letters out and use the big piece as the stencil. I had to remember to keep the inner part of the "A" and stick it on, too.




I use a dobber sponge instead of a brush and it really keeps the edges crisp (even on a rug).
I used fabric paint so it's washable.



Here's my problem. I love it and don't want to put it in front of the door and have people walk on it and get it dirty! I know, crazy, huh?

Have an awesome Monday. It's supposed to be 80 degrees here today.
I'm going outside!

Pin It

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Do you have any clear sealant you could put on it? It wouldn't be much use...but it would stay looking nice :)

Jei Crochet said...

I love your project! I am pinning it to my board!

CuteyPatutyCrochet

Cranberry Morning said...

Yeah, I wouldn't want people stepping on it with dirty shoes. Maybe it could be the secondary mat. :-) Cute! or you could use it in front of the shower or bathtub, but then you'd have to invite your guests to the bath to observe it. Probably not. You can see I'm a big help here, aren't I. lol

Sandy said...

I just bought a plain boring black mat for my front door - it won't be plain anymore! Thanks for the timely post :)

~Glory~ said...

Love it!!

Terri D. said...

Very cute, and that's an amazing gizmo you have, to make the stencil. Wow!!