Friday, April 5, 2013

Keep Calm and Sparkle


My latest obsession:




Dominoes. 

Somebody better come over to my house and hide them just like we had to do with the washers because I can't stop. I know, it's a sickness.




This latest obsession really isn't my fault. I crawled out from under the rock where I must live because I just found this awesome stuff. Glitter Mod Podge! Are you kidding me?! 




The first thing I had to do was see if I could put screw eyes in a domino without it cracking. It actually worked, but I did use a really small size, 7/16". To make it easier to screw in, I used a thumbtack to start the hole.




I used regular Mod Podge to stick the papers on and then did 2 coats of the glitter.







It's hard to really see in the photo's, but the necklaces are so glittery and shiny. 
Glitter Mod Podge, where have you been all my life?

By the way, this is not a sponsored post, I just totally love this stuff.



Happy Friday!

Pin It

Here are the parties I link to each week.

13 comments:

Samantha said...

We'll let you go for a while before we stage an intervention ;)

Terri said...

The two coats makes it. Love your idea. I'll bet your grandgirls adore you.
Hugs

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Oh, GREAT, Terri! 47 uses for dominos just went running through my head! ;-) Is there a 12 Step Program for crafters? I hope not! Seriously, though, these necklaces are super snazzy! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Jill said...

How cool!! I love anything that sparkles - shall have to look out for this! Great idea to use the dominoes too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Angie Church said...

so stylish and cute love them come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Shannon Eyer said...

How did I not know Mod Podge makes a glitter version?!?! Happy day!!! I really enjoy your blog and hope you'll consider joining mine at http://hoybycrafts.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Shannon

buttons said...

I see some glitter projects with my daughter in the near future! I love the domino pendants, and of course, sparkles make anything better!

Cheers!
Buttons
The Hot Toddies of Washington

Michelle said...

Now I'm going to have to go shopping for dominos and glitter -- those are just TOO neat!

Michelle said...

These are soo adorable, I'm raiding my daughters toys!! I see a super crafty weekend in my future!! ;) Michelle W

Jennifer Lachman said...

I have two little girls that would love this. I am pinning it for later.

Diana Miller said...

Cute! I've always wanted to try Glitter Mod Podge! Thanks so much for linking up to The Weekend Creative! :) XOXO

SuperMomNoCape said...

Love that thought... "Keep Calm and Sparkle." And what a fun craft!

jmrcmama said...

Ah man I wanna make this NOW!! But live no where near a craft store but I have a dental appt in the city next week but it may drive me crazy to have to wait that long lol!! Wonder if Walmart has any?? Hmmm?? Did you just type the words out? What kind of paper did you use? Thanks for the idea I love it!!