Friday, May 31, 2013

B-E-A-C-H


Yes, my friends, we have yet another addition to my beachy bathroom.




Okay, that's not my bathroom, but it will be hanging in there by the end of this post.

Those finished white letters (minus the starfish) were recently on sale at Hobby Lobby.




They were way too bright and white for what I wanted them for, so I bought this antique linen Distress Ink.




It's a subtle change, but getting better.




I needed a little more something, so I used walnut stain to add to it.




I rubbed the walnut around the edges and blended a little in on the rest of the letter.

Because these letters were finished, it took about a day for the ink to dry.




After they dried, I sealed them with mod-podge and glued the starfish on.




That one little skinny spot on the wall is it's new home. I used Mounting Tape to put them up.

(Somebody really needs to do a little touch up painting on those knicks on the wall.)









Happy Friday!

Pin It

Click Here for the link parties I join.


Visit thecsiproject.com

11 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Nice, Terri! You should move in with me and do something to this house!

Terri said...

Yummy bathroom. (can you even say that?) Makes you want to spend time in there.
Hugs

MommyonDemand said...

I have a beach bathroom and those letters are adorable, I see a trip to hobby lobby soon! Thanks for sharing.
AMAZING tub!

Samantha said...

Although I think the bathroom is going great guns, I'm not convinced you'll be able to fit in that bath....couldn't you find a bigger one? :P

thepaintedapron.com said...

I have to get some of the antique ink, I love what you've done with it on your letters! I also love anything beachy! Very cute idea for your bathroom!
Jenna

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

That turned out so cute! I love the starfish addition!
Thanks for linking it up at Monday Funday!

The CSI Girl said...

I always love your projects! Your bathroom is beautiful and I love the beach touches. Looks great! I hope you will share this on my blog this week. The challenge is "Life at the Beach" challenge. Anything beach/summer inspired or nautical.
Come on over! Link up begins Wednesday night!!!
www.thecsiproject.com
Sandy toes and salty kisses XOXO
Dee, The CSI Girl

Maria Elena said...

Love this idea! The letters are so pretty! I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

Liz Hockamier said...

CUTE! I love that. :)

~Liz

Dana DeVolk said...

Super cute, I love it! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
Two Girls and a Party
Live every Wednesday to Sunday. Hosted by:
Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
We hope to see you there!

Denyse @ Glitter, Glue, Paint said...

Terri, your bathroom looks great!

xoxo
Denyse

glitterglueandpaint@gmail.com