Monday, May 20, 2013

Blast from the Past: Lobster Tails Frame


Alert the media. We finally finished all the tiling in our main bathroom!




There's still odds and ends to finish up, but the tile is down and the new vanity and stool are installed. We're waiting on the Clawfoot Tub to be refinished and that bamboo you see in the corner is going to be used for some trim.


In the meantime, I'm grabbing all the beachy items in the house to use to decorate along with a few new projects.

I thought this would be a good time to repost  a frame I made in 2011. It's still out in another room, but I'm thinking it will end up in here.


Anyway, here is the post I did in July, 2011.



Lobster Tails and Clam Shells


It's happened. I've sunk to an all time low in the name of crafting. Greg and I went out to eat the other night and I brought home our lobster tails and clam shells (Yuck!) when we were finished with them.


I did, I wrapped them in a napkin and put them in my purse!




When I got home I boiled them again and washed them with soap and water.



I had this black frame with 4 sections so I painted and sanded it.



I used sand scrapbook paper and then glued the shells on the front of the frame. I had the little white shells that I used for the center of the flower.



I've used lobster tails to make flowers before, but always when we ate them at home. I've never wrapped them up from a restaurant and brought them home. I'm sure the people near us thought I was crazy! No, I'm not nuts, just a crafter.

Pin It

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Yay! I bet you're so glad the tiling is done, I know how much you love it ;)

I love your taps, they are beautiful, all shiny and lovely!

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh, they probably thought you were going to feed them to your dog. lol Lucky you they didn't phone the ASPCA. ;-) What a cute project, Terri! Love the beach theme. So calm and inviting!

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

Congrats on the bathroom. I couldn't stop laughing at you bringing home shells in your pocket. My father is a fisherman so there is never a shortage of shells around.

Baye said...

I love this project! Wish I was smart enough to remember to bring home the crafty parts of dinner.