Friday, May 3, 2013

Here's Your {Nautical} Sign


After we finished our bathroom makeover, I knew I wanted something nautical in there. I really couldn't find anything that just blew me away, so...




I made my own sign. Or frame, or wall hanging, or whatever you want to call it.




I had wood grids from old windows that Greg replaced in a house so I grabbed a set and painted it antique white. And yes, I use the top of the old playhouse that needs to go to the dump as a painting table. Now that I think about it, I should paint and decorate it and actually use it outside for crafts.




The advantage to making the sign yourself is you can use the lyrics from your own favorite song.

I bought thick poster board and cut it into six pieces to fit each individual frame, mod-podged the paper on and used spray adhesive for the burlap.




Then stapled each piece to the frame. I ran out of staples and didn't want to get dressed (being honest here) and go to the store, so I used thumbtacks on the last piece.




To finish the sides, I hot glued jute around it a couple of times.




And used rope to hang (glued on).




It's so hard to take a photo in the bathroom, but I wanted you to see how well the colors in the frame matched the new tile.




Sometimes I shock myself when it all works out like that!




Happy Friday!

Pin It

Here are the Link Parties I join.

16 comments:

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

How fun! I love it, Terri! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Terri D. said...

That is just super cute!! Great idea, Terri!

Krystie said...

adorable saying! looks great!

Alexis said...

So cute! Coming from TT&J

Nancy Mckinley said...

Awesome job!Love the quote,and looks great with new tile. Congrats on renovation!

Nancy Mckinley said...

Awesome job!Love the quote,and looks great with new tile. Congrats on renovation!

Baye said...

Love it! I've unexpectedly lost out to the tide on a number of occasions, so the quote definitely appeals to me.

MGB said...

Nice!

rosewhite23 said...

You did a nice job with this.Love the rope accents. I have an old window frame I planned on doing something similar with. May use your rope around the edges idea if you don't mind.

Jeni IGOTTHISMARTHA said...

Super cute idea! I love sea shells!

Virginia Megin Gallagher said...

Love the window ~ super cute project! I'm visiting you today from Sugar Bee. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesdays and would LOVE for you to add this. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog, leave a comment and Link Up, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

Angela Betlewicz said...

This is so cute! I’m hosting a new linky party at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

I would love to have you!
Angela

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Love it!

Megan Vaughn said...

So pretty!

Katy @ Lolly Linens said...

What a great idea! I LOVE that song.

Fabrik ETC said...

This blog Is very informative , I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog . It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really believe this site will do much better in the future.
Wallpapers