Friday, May 24, 2013

Teachers are a Work of Heart


Earlier this week I shared some Teacher Gift Ideas so I thought I would show you what I made for one of the kids to give to their teacher this year.




I scored a whole box of colored pencils at a garage sale at a preschool recently and decided to use up some of them on a frame.


You are never going to believe where I made this frame at.



 That's right. A hospital room.

After Greg's shoulder surgery, he slept a lot at first, so I was so glad I had packed up some craft supplies the night before we left for the hospital. I had my own little craft corner in there.




Because this was a last minute decision, I forgot to take a lot of pictures. The night before I had Greg cut my pencils to fit the frame.




I had this little wood frame from Hobby Lobby in my stash.




I painted the frame blue and glued the pencils on with Aileens Fast Tacky Glue.




I mod podged cork scrapbook paper to the wood backing that came with the frame and then mod podged the teacher quote I printed out on top of it. The hearts are brads that I glued on.




I love that the pencils came from a preschool and aren't perfect. I think the little marks on them give it character.

Happy Friday!

Pin It

Click Here for the link parties I join.

6 comments:

Claudia Castro said...

I really like this and I also love the little marks, you are right they give it character

Claudia @ http://www.prettylittledahlia.com/

Jill said...

What a cute and easy idea for a teacher's gift!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Bonnie @ Uncommon said...

What a lovely teacher gift! Thank you for sharing with us at Monday Funday!

Elise@growcreative said...

This is great! I love how colorful it is :)

Stephanie Chan said...

Really nice! I love the colors and that it looks so modern!

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

Cute idea!! We would love for you to share with our Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday link party!:) Just put it up! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2013/05/kitchen-fun-crafty-friday-link-party.html