Friday, June 28, 2013

4th of July Coke Can Wreath


Remember those cute Coke cans that they came out with last Christmas?




I saved each and every one of them. Yes, I really did.

I knew I saved them for a reason, so I grabbed a few out of my stash and made a wreath.
(It's not really a wreath, but for the lack of a better word, that's what I'm calling it.)




I started with a cardboard circle and mod-podged the paper to it.




We only had those cans in our area for a limited time last year. The Diet Coke were silver, but I used the red and hot glued them to the cardboard.




Because the lights turned on from the bottom, I didn't want to glue them, so I used magnets. 




The "sparklers" are from balloon weights that I pulled out of the concrete block and glued in between the  cans.




I think I might have convinced Greg that there really is a method to my madness (aka hoarding).




And there she is hanging on my wall by the front door...




in all her glory!

Happy Friday!

Pin It



and

Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That is so cute, Terri. It looks like a real explosion. :-)

Consie @ AtopSerenityHill.com said...

What a great way to use the coke cans!! Love it! Happy 4th!

Tammy Henderson said...

What a creative idea and so cute! Would love it if you came by and shared it at One More Time Events...http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/06/share-it-one-more-time-features-and_29.html Hope to see you there! Hugs Tammy

Noreen said...

That makes a wonderful 4th of July decoration! And I'm a coke fan besides!

Noreen
Crafty Journal

Kathy Penney said...

Awesome job! Your wreath is so fun and patriotic! And you can't get much more Americana thank Coca Cola! If you're linking up this weekend I would love if you shared your creation at All Things Pretty http://sparklesandastove.com/all-things-pretty-linky-party-15/

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Very clever...visting from the CSI Project!