Friday, June 7, 2013

Funny Father's Day Altered Clipboard


Here's my disclaimer:

This is just for fun and nobody will enjoy it more than Greg. You know, basic family loving fun.




When that TV show $h*! My Dad Says with William Shatner came out a few years ago, the kids and I said we would have been rich if we had just thought of it first.

Greg is funny. I mean, really funny and most of the time he doesn't even realize he's being funny with what he says. We call them "Papa-isms" and always say we should write them down in a book.

So for Father's Day, Greg is getting an altered clipboard for us to keep track of his "Papa-isms".




I took a wooden clipboard and painted around the outside edges.




Then mod-podged paper to it. This was the hardest part of the whole thing, getting that paper up and under the clip part.




The comic bubble is out of eraser board vinyl. I got a great deal on it and chalkboard vinyl through Pick Your Plum. I can't wait for them to offer it again so I can stock up on some more of both.





The decorating is the fun part.




We're going to have so much fun with this!

 Happy Friday!

Pin It

Here are the link parties I join each week.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Such a great idea! I love the pattern you used.

www.artpoliticslife.blogspot.com

Sulman Aziz said...

Just want to say your article is as astonishing.
The clarity in your post is just great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.
Also visit my web Blog
http://www.in2tainment.com/

Alice Emma Thompson said...

What a fun idea!

I would love for you to link up at the Mommy Archive - we're focusing on father's day this week, Alice x

Emily Thompson said...

super fun! I love a good sense of humor and glad you both will get a good laugh from this board.
Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
Oh and just to let you know I've got a Photobook giveaway from Smilebooks going on this week. Three winners will each get a free photobook valued up to $300 each!! Come on over... low entries!

sidra ali said...

My first post on your blog and really it is just to say thanks for your Nice Post And Shairing
You always pick such interesting i visit your blog regularly for updates!
Loved your description of it.
Thank you for picking this one.
http://mp4mobilevidios.blogspot.com/