Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's a Party! #109


Before we start the party, I feel like you all are my friends and have always been so supportive.

Our family could sure use some prayers right now. I've shared a lot about our son, Brandon, and his girlfriend, Christina. From the moment we met Christina a few years ago, we fell in love with her and consider her a daughter to us. 

Along with Christina, her brother Kyle and her Dad Robert quickly became a part of our family, also. In fact, we were just with Robert last Saturday at one of Brandon's softball games.

This morning was devastating. Christina got the call that her Daddy had passed away during the night in his sleep. There are still a lot of unanswered questions, but they think so far that it was a heart attack. Robert was only 51. He was the kindest and most loving man that God has ever placed on this earth. 

My heart is breaking for Christina and so wish that I could do something to ease her pain, even for just a little while. Please pray for her and also for Brandon who is giving her such loving support. Greg and I are trying so hard to stay strong for them, but I've got to tell you, it's tough.

RIP, Robert, my friend.

Christina, your Daddy will live forever in your heart and will always be looking after you in Heaven.
We love you.


I'm sorry to have to tell you all this before I start a link party, but I wanted to let you know that I may be away for a few days. I have posts scheduled, but I'll probably be extremely quiet for a little awhile.


Now, go ahead and link away and share all that awesomeness that you've done.





Link up anything you want to share with us this week. It can be your fabulous craft, yummy recipe, giveaway, shop, etc.

I'll feature the Top 5 most viewed links next Wednesday.

I would love for you to follow A Creative Princess while you're here!

If you would like to grab an It's a Party button (on the sidebar) and post it on your blog somewhere, that would be great! Let's get the word out and grow this party.
The more the merrier!

We all love comments, so please visit other links and have fun!

25 comments:

MommyonDemand said...

Thanks for hosting today with it being so difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with Christina and her family at this hard time!

Tanyia said...

Terri, I am so sorry to hear this. Last month my 23 yr old niece passed away in her asleep as well. It is crazy and shocking and just takes your breath away. I know words are not enough, but I will pray for your family for strength.

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

'Sending you a hug ((Terri)) Of course your family will be in our prayers. Is there anything I can do to help you? -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Maria said...

Terri, I am so sorry for your family's loss. I just lost my dad in 2011, it's a very painful experience and my thoughts and prayers will be with you all.
Maria

Garden Chef said...

My condolences to Christina's family. Thank you for hosting despite the grief. God's comfort be with your family and Christina's.

Donna Wilkes said...

Condolences to all and prayers will be sent. I appreciate the effort to put together the party at such a sad time.

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Such a sad time for Christina, Kyle and your family. So good that you are an extended family for each other. Prayers for all of you.
Denise

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

I am so sorry, I will remember them in my prayers! Thank you for hosting, and I am sorry my link showed up twice, not sure how!

Jamie said...

I am praying for your family and for Christina's. I am so sorry for your loss and I pray you can find comfort and peace in the midst of this difficult time.

litlsis said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you're having a great week!

Jill said...

So sorry to hear of your family's loss. My thoughts are with you all at this difficult time.

Evelyn Osborn said...

Words are just not enough for Christina. Sending loads of hugs and prayers.

Marcy Knopf said...

I'm so sorry you and your wonderful family are going through so much! My prayers are with you =) Marcy @ day2day SuperMom

Mareli Lim-Evora Dabi said...

Thank you so much Terri.Its my first time to come over.I brought my Cheesy Oreo Cookies

Linda @ With A Blast said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and heartache, Terri. It is horrible to lose a parent and to lose them so suddenly is even worse. You all are in my thoughts.
Linda
xo

Ambreen (Simply Sweet 'n Savory) said...

So sorry to hear your terribly sad news, my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family!

Samantha said...

Oh gorgeous girl, I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your whole family are in our prayers xx

Britney Mills said...

So sorry to hear about this! You're in our prayers!

Courtney Pies said...

I am so sorry to hear about Christina's father. I understand all too well what she is going through - my mother just passed away unexpectedly May 10th. She had just turned 62.

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. <3

Crystelle Boutique said...

Good morning Terri! What a fab party, my friend!! Thanks loads for hosting.... :)


hugs x Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above said...

Hi Terri,
Thanks so much for hosting. My link that I shared #129, didn't put in the right picture. If you could delete it, I will reput it in. Thanks so much.
Debi

Marilyn Clark said...

Thanks for hosting!

sidra ali said...

My first post on your blog and really it is just to say thanks for your Nice Post And Shairing
You always pick such interesting i visit your blog regularly for updates!
Loved your description of it.
Thank you for picking this one.
http://mp4mobilevidios.blogspot.com/

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Christina. Thank you for hosting. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Judy POFH said...

Hi Terri, Thank you for hosting the party

JuDy
href="www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com"