Monday, July 15, 2013

Mickey Mouse Bracelet in 5 minutes or less


When I'm working on a big project, I like to take a break and do something fast and easy (and instant gratification!).




And something that makes me happy, like Mickey Mouse.




These plastic buttons were actually stickers that I got in the scrapbooking section at JoAnn's.

I scraped the sticker part off the back and removed the thread.




I used hemp cord and cut 2 pieces about 7". (You can cut it and adjust for your wrist size after you have it in the buttons.)

Fold your cord in half and put each end through a hole and stick the ends through the loop and pull tight.




Then add your closure to the ends.




If you would want to make the bracelet adjustable like I did for these Charm Bracelets, you would need to cut your hemp cord longer. And remember, you'll be working with 2 cords for each of your knots.

You can see the way I did that cord Here.




These would also be cute with wood buttons and brown or natural hemp cord.

Maybe I'll do a few of those the next time I need a break from the t-shirt quilt I'm working on.

Have a great Monday!

Pin It

1 comment:

Agy Lee said...

I do find a lot of cute stuff in the scrapbooking section too, particularly buttons! But I always have to make sure they are sewable. Bought a pack and found the holes were sealed up. :-(