Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Minky Baby Blanket


Ahhh...the long awaited baby blanket:




This really didn't take as long as it seemed, but with stopping in the middle for 4th of July projects, bathroom remodeling, and everything else going on, it seems like it went on forever.


I've got to admit, I was a little afraid of the minky fabric, but since this blanket, I've bought more.




I started by laying the minky out and cutting it to the size that I wanted. Then I laid it on the flannel and cut around it, leaving a tiny bit of extra flannel around the edges.




This is the step that if you take the time and use a ton of pins, the sewing goes along much easier. 
Start pinning around all edges.




Believe me, pin your little heart out! I think I went about every inch and stuck a pin in.
Minky slips, this will help to hold it while you sew.




Sew around all 4 edges, leaving about a 5" opening for turning.




After you've made it all the way around, turn through your opening and sew around the top edge, catching your opening as you go to shut it.







See? Not so bad after all and oh, so soft!

If you missed what I did with the leftover minky, you can go Here or Here.

Pin It

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

Love that cloud motif. Just adds to the softness! So sweet, Terri.