Friday, July 26, 2013

Ombre T-Shirts


I have a confession to make. I like the show The Chew. I really do.

They not only show great recipes, but also some fun crafts. A couple of weeks ago, in Clinton's Craft Corner, they were making dip dyed placemats and runners. Which started my poor little brain going in all kinds of directions and that my friends, is what led to this whole ombre kick I've been on.




Funny thing is, I didn't make one placemat like they did, but instead, started with t-shirts.




I tried to find the segment on the website and couldn't, but the process is so simple.

Start with a white t-shirt and and put the bottom portion in your Rit Dye.  I did mine in thirds, and after about 3 minutes, added the middle section. Waited about another minute and put the whole shirt in for another minute or two.




Rinse them thoroughly and hang them outside from your patio umbrella so the neighbors can all wonder what the heck you're doing.




After the yellow shirt was finished, that's when I decided I needed the necklaces and bracelets to go with it that I showed you earlier this week.








I used Sunshine Yellow and Navy Blue Rit Dye. The navy blue actually turned out more purplish/blue, but still a great color.




I wore it all the other day when we took the kids to Crown Center and the Pirate Exhibit at Union Station. (Note to self: pink purse does not match!)




Another confession. The t-shirt bracelet was too big after I got it made, so I used it as an ankle bracelet instead.

Pin It




19 comments:

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

The shirt and accessories look fantastic!

Jamie said...

I love it! And you look great ;)

Samantha said...

You look fabulous!!!! You look the epitome of summer to me. :) The shirt looks good too

huong le said...

ios developer gold coast. Nice to be here and see your post !

Jill Shepherd said...

Beautiful Terri!! And I think your anklet really sets the whole outfit off perfectly!! :)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Hoyby Crafts said...

I love these! Such a simple concept I would not have come up with. Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from Hoyby Crafts.

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Super cute! Love the yellow!!!

Morgaine Ford-Workman said...

How cute! I am loving that yellow one!
(new follower here)
Morgaine @ Madcap Frenzy
P.S. I would love if you would link up any of your awesome posts at my July Totally Tuesday Link Party: http://madcapfrenzy.blogspot.com/2013/07/july-totally-tuesday-link-party.html
Hugs!

Ashleys Dandelion Wishes said...

I love this project! I really love the yellow one :) I would love it if you would come and link this up at my link party
Dandelion Wishes Wednesday

Gina Wamsley said...

These look so cute AND cute on you! Great job! :)
Gina @ Gina's Craft Corner

ourwolfden said...

Such a great idea. I love the yellow shirt. I like how the color blends more evenly all the way up. You did a great job, besides I think the pink purse it cute with the yellow!

Angela Paris said...

Hi Terri,
This is such a cute project, and I love that you made a matching necklace for the yellow shirt! So cute!
I'm stopping by today from Sugar & Spice.
Happy Wednesday!
Ang, Juggling Act Mama

Jennifer Hughes said...

Happy Friday! My Friday Flash Blog linky party is live @ The Jenny Evolution – a flash mob of blogs where you share your favorite posts of the week. Hope to see you there -- you may just get highlighted next week!

Jennifer
thejennyevolution.com

Jennifer Hughes said...

Happy Friday! My Friday Flash Blog linky party is live @ The Jenny Evolution – a flash mob of blogs where you share your favorite posts of the week. Hope to see you there -- you may just get highlighted next week!

Jennifer
thejennyevolution.com

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

These turned out great! I am thinking I need to make some for my girls. I'll be featuring this on my blog tomorrow.

http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

Thanks for linking up!
Sumo:)

Ana Lopes said...

Super cute, Terri! My favourite the purple! Thanks so much for sharing!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Amelia Madelaine said...

These are so much fun! They turned out so well too. I love the yellow on you. I shared it to my blog. I hope that's ok. I included a picture too but it all links back and credits you. The direct link is http://www.bitsquareblog.com/2013/08/diy-discoveries-of-week.html if you wanted to see it :)

Amelia Madelaine said...

These are so much fun! They turned out so well too. I love the yellow on you. I shared it to my blog. I hope that's ok. I included a picture too but it all links back and credits you. The direct link is http://www.bitsquareblog.com/2013/08/diy-discoveries-of-week.html if you wanted to see it :)

raj patil said...

Hi,
I really like your post.
Thanks for sharing such great information. It is very informative and provides knowledge of creative t shirts