Friday, July 5, 2013

Tissue Paper Photo Canvas


I've done photo canvas' before using other techniques, but I wanted to try it using tissue paper that I've been seeing popping up all over Pinterest lately.




For the effect that I wanted, it worked pretty well.




I found this picture at Hobby Lobby and knew it would be perfect for Jordyn. She plays a lot of soccer and we've seen that little girl get down and dirty in the mud playing her heart out. 

At first I was going to mod-podge it to a canvas, but the more I thought about it, I didn't want it as clean and sharp as it was.




I took tissue paper and taped it to a piece of regular copy paper and printed out the photo. You can kind of see that the ink smeared, but after I cut it out, it wasn't that bad.




I mod-podged it to the canvas and after it dried, sanded the edges.

If you wanted a clean image, this probably wouldn't work. I wanted a more "messy" look and doing it this way gave me just what I was looking for.




I used Washi Tape for the sides and...



stickers to decorate it. Then I sealed the whole thing with another coat of Mod-Podge.



Because I copied the photo, no cute puppies and soccer balls were harmed in the making of this canvas.

Happy Friday!

Pin It




4 comments:

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

That's really cute! Thanks for the tutorial. Lynda

Krystie said...

This came out great, I love all the white space around the photo, sort of makes a floating picture!

Toodie said...

Turned out great! The white space really draws your eye to the picture itself, which is so darn cute!

Lisa Addison said...

Really inspiring stuff!!! This post is fantastic, and equally fantastic is this conversation thread. This information regarding printers and different category of printers & its machinary is so inspiring! Awesome Work. Keep it Up!
Inkjet Ink Manufacturer | Inkjet Ink Supplier | Inkjet Ink Exporter | Inkjet Ink Factory | sublimation ink manufacturer | CISS Refill Ink | Refilling ink for CISS System | Pigment Textile Printing | dye ink supplier | pigment ink manufacturer | sublimation ink supplier .