Friday, August 30, 2013

Felt & Flocked Fabric Pillow


The other day the kiddo's and I were at Hobby Lobby (imagine that!) and I don't even remember what we were looking for, but we ended up in the felt aisle.




I guess it's been a long time since I've bought felt and couldn't believe all the new and fun felt and fabric sheets that are available now.




You can't tell in the picture, but the pink felt is glittered.
The zebra print is flocked in black and the white looks like leather.

We bought 4 sheets of each.




I cut the sheets into 9" squares and sewed them together.

Make two of these patchwork pieces and then sew them right sides together, leaving a 4-5" opening for turning.




Then turn General Hospital on and start stuffing away.




And slip stitch your opening closed.




Jordyn was right, it does look perfect in her room.





Oh, and one more thing...



Thank you, Jordyn, for cleaning your room for us!

(I made a bracelet using the scraps that were left over from the pillow. It's Here if you missed it.)


Pin It



5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I haven't made a pillow for ages! This is cute - and inspirational. When there are such cute fabrics out there, I have no good excuse for not having pillows I love. Jordyn is lucky. :-)

Carolyn Robbins said...

Hi Terri,

A great idea and
I love the colors
you chose. The
pillow looks wonderful
in your room.

Bear Hugs,
Carolyn

Kayla Janachovsky said...

Cute pillow. It looks great in the room!! I'm hosing a candle giveaway on my blog that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/fremont-candles-givewaway-20-for.html

Jill Shepherd said...

Cute pillow Terri! And it matches the room so well!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Becca Diestelkamp-Woodham said...

Adorable. Getting ready to help my niece decorate her room with pink and zebra prints. This will be perfect! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com