Friday, August 9, 2013

Gallery Wall Art


Brandon & Christina's bedroom is done in red and black. She ask me a couple of months (yes, I said months) ago if I could make something to hang with a picture she has over the bed.




I finally got around to it. 
Hey, better late than never, right?




I originally made this Here and this time changed a few words to red.




And added matching ribbon to the sides. (I used hot glue to attach it.)




I got this fabric from Wholeport.
They have a great selection of canvas fabric.




I started with the polka dot and laid a mat on it and cut around it, leaving about 2".

Then using hot glue, began wrapping like a package.

Don't worry about any excess, just trim it after all sides are glued on.





Now for the flower fabric and hoops...




I started by laying my hoop on the flower that I wanted and cut around it (again, leaving a couple of inches.
Then put it in the hoop and stretch it tight.
Trim off any excess.

I got my package of different size hoops from Wholeport, also.








I'm giving it to her this weekend.
(I hope she remembers she wanted it!)

Pin It



4 comments:

Jill Shepherd said...

They all look great together Terri! Love the fabrics.
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Pam Klimper said...

New follower via MMM. This project turned out fabulous! TFS

Inviting you to visit me at
www.pjstreasures.blogspot.com

Thanks!
~Pam~

Allie Bobe said...

Loving your blog! New follower here, hoping you'll stop by my blog and say hello and follow back :)
http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

Marilyn Clark said...

Awesome gallery! I've got a soft spot for white/black/red combos! Definitely beautiful! Thanks for sharing at the Project Stash