Monday, August 19, 2013

Sometimes it's the Simple Things...


that make me happy.




Like Mason jars.

No bells, no whistles.
Just 4 little Mason jars with jute and flowers.




When Hobby Lobby has their flowering bushes for half price, I usually pick one up to use for the individual flowers that are on it. It's so much cheaper to cut off stems that I want to use instead of buying each one separate. 




And while I was there, I picked up a bag of moss.




That's it. Put the moss in the jar to hold the stem, add a little jute around the top and I'm happy.




I do think in a couple of weeks (when it's not 90+ degrees), I'll add F-A-L-L vinyl letters to the outside of the jars like I did on these wine bottles a couple of years ago.




By the way, that's the kids' and Greg's candy dish sitting on the table.
That's right. It's all their candy. Not mine.




Except for that package sitting right on top.
Busted!!

Pin It



11 comments:

Baye said...

I just passed up buying some moss. Now I'm kicking myself! I love this idea. Finally flowers I can't kill off in a day.

Sandy said...

I love Necco wafers too!! :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Necco wafers? You too??? Love those things - and the little Valentine hearts. Must be made of the same thing.

Love what you did with those canning jars. That is darling!

Poppy said...

Oh how cute! I love them all lined up on your table looking pretty for fall:) I have a bowl of candy sitting on my kitchen counter... I don't mind helping myself from it once in a while ;)Thanks for hosting another great party this week:) hugs, Poppy

Therena Taylor said...

I love these, so simple yet so beautiful!

Momcrieff.com said...

Love simple decorating ideas! These mason jars are so cute now!!

Mary Clark said...

I've been thinking about decorating with mason jars for the fall, you've motivated me! Saw your link at Skip to my Lou - thanks for sharing.

Mary

Tammy N said...

Very pretty mason jars. A great fall decor idea.

Maria said...

These mason jars are so pretty I would love for you to share them at the Krafty Inspiration Thursday Link Party over at Krafty Cards etc. http://kraftycardsetc.blogspot.com/2013/08/krafty-inspiration-thursday-6.html
Thanks for the inspiration!
Maria

Stevie said...

Cute, easy and fun! My favorite combination! Thanks!

lindaakacraftygardener said...

I love simple ... great idea that can be changed up with the season. Visiting from Sew Many Ways.