Friday, September 20, 2013

Burlap Ribbon Wreath


It's starting to cool off around here now and I'm really getting in the mood for Fall.




So it's time to start decorating.

Starting with a burlap wreath.




When I saw this burlap ribbon, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.




I used a wire wreath. I'm thinking it was 12".




It's really not hard to make a wreath like this. It's all loops.

Start with the top space in the wreath and take your ribbon and push it through, making a loop. Then move on and do the same thing with the other two spaces.




When you get to the bottom space...




twist the ribbon a little and come back through the top.




Keep doing this over and over around the whole wreath.




When you get to the end, secure with a little hot glue.




This is what the back looks like.




After you're finished wrapping, go back around and fluff out your loops.




I used wire ribbon and that helped to hold the loops in place.




Happy Fall!

Pin It



7 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That is wonderful, Terri! Won't you be my neighbor? ♫ If you lived next door, just think how I might be inspired to get something done around here. :-)

Sandy said...

Terri, that is so cute! Did you only use one spool of ribbon?

Yvette @ AquaSeventy6 said...

Love it!! Can't wait to make one, too!

The CSI Girl said...

Love the ribbon and love that technique. Thanks for sharing. It is a new technique for me. Come link up to the Fall Wreath challenge at The CSI Project. It is going on right now.
www.thecsiproject.com

Michele Reynolds said...

Burlap ribbon, neat. Love the look of your Fall wreath. Pinned. Added you as g+ friend too:)

Jennifer Pilgrim said...

How adorable! That ribbon is to die for! Pretty please share this on my link party tonight! Xo

Miranda Winslett said...

This is too cute! I'd love for you to link it up at my link party, DIY Weekend!

http://mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com/2013/09/diy-weekend-926.html

See you there!
Miranda @ Mr. and Mrs. Winslett