Friday, September 6, 2013

Salt & Pepper Shakers to Baseball Name Sign (Reverse Stencil)


Wow, was that the longest title of a post ever?!




By now you all know that I never throw anything away and once in awhile, it pays off.




Like these salt & pepper shakers that have been buried in the back of a kitchen cabinet forever.
(And have never been used.)

I figured it was time to either get rid of them or do something with them, so...




I took baseball paper and mod-podged it to a plaque.




Then cut my letters out with my Cameo using contact paper and stuck them on.




I forgot to take a picture, but I painted the whole board black (over the letters) and when it was dry, peeled the contact paper off.




I used E-6000 and glued the "baseball's" on.




Perfect place to hang your cap and medals for a perfect little boy!

What hidden treasures do you have tucked away in a cabinet somewhere?

Pin It




7 comments:

Ang said...

What a great idea, they are perfect!
Ang

HI. I'm Julie. The Stalker. said...

super cute!
www.etsystalkers.com

Cranberry Morning said...

I know I've said this before, but those kids are so lucky!! :-) Just look at the smile it brought. That's worth everything.

Jill Shepherd said...

Oh my goodness Terri - those salt and pepper shakers are super cool! And you found a great use for them!! :)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kayla Janachovsky said...

This is such a good project, and he looks SO happy to have it! I'd love for you to link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-28.html

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

That is adorable!!

Paula Parrish said...

I love your plaque, such a fun and creative project. The E-6000 glue is amazing stuff. ;o) Nice Work.