Friday, October 18, 2013

Tide Container to Pumpkin Candy Dish


I know that's not a very catchy title, but...




that's exactly what it is.




The last time I bought laundry detergent, I had to buy the Tide Pods because that container looked so much like a pumpkin to me. (Yes, my husband thinks I'm a little nuts!)

I soaked it in hot water and got the top part of the label off, then used Goof Off to get rid of the rest of the sticky stuff.

Can you tell I was washing little pumpkins at the same time? Perfect for holding it down in the hot water.




First she needed a face.




And a little surprise when you open the lid.




I popped the lid off and glued burlap (with a little stuffing), jute, and a sunflower to it.




Aww...isn't she cute?




Now I need to buy a lock and have Greg hide the key from me so I stay out of it!

Happy Friday!

Pin It




6 comments:

Ginger Knox said...

This is so adorable! I would love to do one for my granddaughter, how did you do the graphics, they are so perfect?
Thanks for sharing, ginger

Rosie said...

omg to freaking cute, what a great idea!!!1

My Life of Travels and Adventures said...

That is an awesome idea. I would be in the candy dish too often too... if we had one out. I'd love it if you shared it on our linkup party this week! http://www.mylifeoftravelsandadventures.com/2013/10/trick-or-treat-part-4.html

DogsMom said...

I think this is wonderful!
It is also nice to meet someone who, like me, sees things and envisions them transformed.

Anikka W. said...

This is SO dangerous and is circulating on facebook. Chemicals from the tide pods can be absorbed into the candy. It may make the candy taste bad and even worse could make you sick. It may be a cute decoration but this should not be used to store candy wrapped or unwrapped!

olga garcia said...

She said she washed it.