Friday, November 8, 2013

Crocheted Pocket Scarf




I learned (kind of) to crochet a couple of years ago and I am by far not a professional at it, but I love to make simple things that I can do while watching t.v. at night. (I can't stand to just sit still!)




I know it sounds crazy, but I wanted a scarf with pockets. You know, somewhere to throw the car keys when you run into Hobby Lobby.

I started with a chain of 25 and did 28 rows of double crochet to start the pocket part of the scarf.

Then did 14 rows of double crochet of each alternating color (6 times) and then did another 28 rows for the other pocket.




When it was finished, I folded the pocket up and slip-stitched it on the sides.

The brown pocket on the right, I did a little different. I actually did the first and last square with 14 rows and did the pocket of 14 rows separate and slip-stitched it to the square on 3 sides.

I hope that makes sense. Folding it up was easier and I don't think it makes much difference in the way it looks.




For the ombre effect, I did 28 rows of each color.

I added hearts to these pockets using this Heart Pattern.




Such a simple pattern, but so much better than eating a whole bag of chips while watching Shark Tank!

Pin It




4 comments:

Nueyer Dua said...

A scarf with pockets? Why didn't I think of that before? Great idea!

Elise@growcreative said...

Cute! I like the one with the hearts on the pockets! I crochet while watching tv too :)

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi, what a perfect idea and then you can put something little inside! I saw it at project stash. Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Love, love, love the brown heart scarf! Crochet is on my list of crafts to learn this winter.