Friday, December 13, 2013

Folded Star Snowman


Actually I've got a couple of snowmen to show you that I made using canning jar lids.




But first up is this little guy that I made using the folded star that I'm loving all over again.




I made it the same way that I did Here for the pumpkin, but used 3" squares and only 2 rows.




I cut it the size of the lid and then put the lid in the ring and hot-glued it to hold it in place.




I'll show you what I made the holes with later in the post, but wrapped wire through them to hold the lids together.




I hung him in the middle of the mantel and thought he looked a little lonely.




So I made him a couple of friends using just the lids and not the rings.




I started by painting the lids white and punched holes using my Crop-a-Dile.
(I bought the Crop-a-Dile a couple of years ago and have never used it. It worked fantastic!)




It's so hard to see in that photo, but I added Glitter Mod Podge after they were painted for a little sparkle.




Use wire to hook them together and add buttons and a of course, a scarf.




Hey, look what was on TV, the Sound of Music. If that doesn't scream Christmas, I don't know what does!

Did you watch Carrie Underwood in the live performance? I know she's catching a lot of heat over it, but I loved it!

Pin It



2 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That is so clever, Terri, and makes a nice decoration. We are watching the rerun of Sound of Music tonight even as I write this. Carrie Underwood isn't Julie Andrews, but I don't think there wouldn't be the issue if we simply took this movie on its own and weren't comparing it with the original. On its own, it's great. I think we should leave it at that. The original need not fear. It will always be what I think of when I hear 'Sound of Music,' but this one was different - and good in its own way. We're enjoying it.

byheleng said...

This is a fun project! Thank you for the inspiration! (I am visiting from Make The World Cuter Block Party #16) :D