Monday, January 13, 2014

A Little Catching Up and Our Big Announcement


I thought I would take today and fill you in on what's going on around here at our house.
The bad and then the AWESOME!

Let's get the bad out of the way. I went to bed last Tuesday night and woke up about an hour later with the worst headache and dizziness that I've ever had in my life. I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow. The dizziness was making me sick and when I finally climbed out of bed, I fell and crawled to the bathroom. I kept thinking it would go away, but nope, only got worse.

You may have already guessed, but I was diagnosed with Vertigo.





I've heard of Vertigo, but never could have imagined how extreme it could be. 

I'm on medication for another couple of days and I'm 100% better than I was last week, but still feel a little dizzy. I can at least function now.

My doctor said that one contributing factor to the onset of Vertigo is stress.
You know, that dreaded S word we try to control.




I've got to stop trying to change situations that I have absolutely no control over. I'm going to live in the moment with all the happy times going on around me and not let the negative ever make me sick again. I think this was God's way of telling me to stop trying to do His job and let Him have full control and I intend to do just that. 


Then on Friday, the most wonderful thing happened. It was mine and Greg's wedding anniversary and we were spending it with me sitting in the recliner watching the walls spin. Not exactly like we had planned! 

Brandon and Christina stopped by on their way out to dinner and brought me this surprise.



A giant balloon bouquet! 


They left to go eat and Brandon called afterwards and asked if they could stop back by.




They had big news for us.

Brandon and Christina are engaged!!!



We've all been waiting for this day and couldn't be happier!

Christina made a video and it's awesome. I couldn't get it loaded on here, but if you would like to see it, it's Here. (You might need tissues.)

One thing Christina said that night was that on the next Weems Family Vacation she would officially be a Weems. We've considered her a part of this family for a long time, but now it's going to be official.




She has added more love, laughter, and joy to this family and we all are lucky to have her be a part of us.


So... we've got a wedding to plan! They're looking at some time in September, so between now and then, you're probably going to start seeing wedding ideas and posts showing up.


And as for me...




Thank you for letting me share all of this with you. I'll be back to normal crafting tomorrow. I've got some cute luggage tags to show you that I made for a friend of mine before her vacation that started this week.

Have a happy (and stress free) Monday!

5 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I really hope the medicine helps you conquer this. My dad suffered from it for several years.

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Terri, good luck with not feeling well and I hope your health improves. Congrats to you on the wedding plans too.
Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

Jeanie Whitworth said...

Congratulations to all of the Weems!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Happy family. Lovely video. So very romantic.
Hope you are feeling less dizzy every day. Better soon hopefully.
Joy

Andrea Fogleman said...

Hope you continue to feel better. Congrats on the wonderful news!