Monday, January 20, 2014

Another Dolly Bed


One of Tierni's Christmas presents last year was a new baby doll.




That's not how she looked when I bought her for Tierni.




She was packed (way too tight) in that cold, hard box. I think it's so sad to give a little girl a new baby and it takes an army to get the baby and all her belongings untied and untaped from the box.




I found a basket and measured it to make the mattress/pillow for it. It was simply two pieces of fabric (with batting in between) sewn together with an opening for turning at the bottom. Before I stitched the opening shut, I stuffed the top portion with fiberfill for the pillow and then stitched across to hold it in. 




The blanket was done the same way but without all the batting and stuffing.




I was lucky to find a basket with the same colors as the fleece that I had in my stash.




Aww...doesn't she look much happier in her bed?


This is so fun to make as you can tell by these other 3 that I've made before.
(Click on the photo to take you to the link.)










Pin It



7 comments:

Debby said...

very cute. A lot better than the box and all those ties. I bet she was a happy girl.

anastasia anezinis said...

it's so lovely!!!great idea for gift!Well done!
hugs

Ana Lopes said...

Hi,Terri such a lovely idea!Love the pink one and the twin little beds too.Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Cassandra Louise said...

How wonderful! I was a huge doll-mother as a little girl. This would have made my heart soar. :-)

Emily Thompson said...

oh so cute and cozy!! Thanks for linking up to Create Link Inspire! I've featured this project in my fabric weekend features and shared it all over the social media world. Would love for you to spread the word as well and pop over to check it out! EMily@nap-timecreations

Christie said...

Very cute!!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Seeing that newborn baby doll sure takes me back (I'm amazed that I can still remember that far back!). What a thoughtful and wonderful idea to present that new doll in a sweet baby carrier like you did. These are the things that will be the special memories that your little one will have forever.