Friday, January 24, 2014

CD Sports Clocks


It's been awhile, but I first saw this idea of CD Clocks on Group Deals that they were selling. I thought it was so cute that I decided I could make them myself for so much cheaper.




I don't remember what design it was that they used, but I knew I had to go with sports for Jalynn, Jordyn, and Jace.




If you're like me, you probably have a ton of old CD's laying around.




All you have to do is mod podge the paper of your choice to one side of the CD. I applied the paper to the whole disc and before it dried, cut a slit for the hole and folded it through to the back. Remember that after it dries to seal it with the mod podge and don't forget the folded over little parts on the back.




The only expense you have is the clock works. I found mine at Hobby Lobby and it came in a package of 4. I used my 40% off coupon, so it wasn't expensive at all.




It's easy to install, just a matter of screwing everything on in the order it shows on the package.

You could totally leave the numbers off if you wanted to, but I used stickers that I had.




Less than half the cost of purchasing the clock from somewhere and you can personalize it any way you want. You could even do a photo if you wanted to.

Happy Friday!

Pin It


12 comments:

Pam Jackson said...

Fantastic.....that is such an adorable idea!

Chelsea @ onehotcrafty-mama.blogspot.com said...

These are way cool and fun!!

Karen M said...

that is such a cute idea! can't wait to make a few of these for gifts. thanks for sharing

Karen M said...

that is such a cute idea! can't wait to make a few of these for gifts. thanks for sharing

Yana said...

These are so cool! Were did you find the little leggies?

Jacqui Odell said...

My son's room is done in a sports theme. These would be perfect! I would love to have you hop over and share with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday! (http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/01/tell-me-about-it-tuesday-3.html)

Kammy Wielenga said...

These are awesome, Terri! Thanks for sharing at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday. Who of us don't have a zillion CDs we could do this with?? :)

Kammy Wielenga said...

These are awesome, Terri! Thanks for sharing at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday. Who of us don't have a zillion CDs we could do this with?? :)

Accidentally Wonderful said...

What a great idea! So easy to personalize! I'd love it if you'd share this at my link party, going on now! http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2014/01/accidentally-wonderful-wednesday-3.html

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

What a great upcycle. You could use these for any theme. Thanks for sharing

Marti said...

These are so cute! And love how you reuse the cds.

hookedonhomes.net said...

I am like you! I have tonnes of CDs lying around my home! Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Followed you via Sew Many Ways.