Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Patchwork Quilts


No, it really isn't blanket week around here. Maybe it's the frigid temps we're having, but this is the second day in a row I'm sharing blankets.




Yesterday was the Lego Blanket and today it's Patchwork Quilts.




I received this bundle of fabric from Wholeport.

There were 11 different fat quarters and you could make one large quilt, but I opted for two smaller ones.




I used 4 different designs for each one cut into 7" blocks. I sewed my blocks and strips together and then machine quilted it to the iron on interfacing on the back down each seam.




I cut 3" strips of fleece for the border and top stitched it after sewing it on.




The back is the fleece that I sewed right sides together leaving an opening for turning.
Sewed the opening shut and top stitched around the whole quilt.




Just the perfect size for snuggling up on the couch. 
And the fleece...oh so warm and cozy!

Pin It

2 comments:

Jamie/Maryland Quilter said...

What a great idea for a quilt blanket! It looks so comfy! Do you think the interfacing and quilting the top step was necessary? I was thinking of skipping that step.

Ashley @3littlegreenwoods said...

Those are the sweetest quilts! My great aunts were quilt makers and I treasure the ones they made. There is a quilt on every bed of our house.

Great job!
Ashley @ 3littlegreenwoods