Monday, February 24, 2014

Savings Boxes


We're going on a big vacation next year and need to start saving now.




And by saving, I mean, every last dime. 

I needed something to throw money found around the house in, like loose change and money found in the washer (which becomes mine if I find it!).




Michael's has these memory boxes on sale a lot and I try to pick up a few whenever I'm there and they're half off. They're perfect for gift boxes at Christmas and it's actually a box that you can use and not just throw away after unwrapping.

I grabbed a couple out of the attic and decorated them and they work perfect for my Savings Boxes.




The great thing about this one is that once we get back, I can actually use the box for what it was intended for and store our photo's in it.


I didn't stop there. I always see the Money Saving Challenge popping up in January and decided that we would give it a try this year.




So I made a box for that, too.

I found the printable with the weeks and amounts on it Here.




I used chalkboard paper to print it out on so that I could mark off the weeks and then erase it next year and start over.

The only thing I forgot to add when I made these is that I should have put a lock on them!

Have a great Monday!

Pin It



1 comment:

Samantha said...

So....I don't think your big holiday is to the UK...but I can keep dreaming, right? :P